New Construction

Planning to Build?

Golden Valley Electric Association (GVEA) has developed this video to explain the steps needed to connect power to your location.

Install, Upgrade, or Relocate a Service

  • The following forms are for installing new services (you need new lines and poles), upgrading an existing service or relocating a service
  • Be sure to notify GVEA when installing a large load, like a heat pump or whole-house on-demand hot water heater, so we can ensure sufficient electric capacity is installed
  • Note: If you are moving in or out of a house or business, you’ve come to the wrong page – Visit our Start/Stop Service page

Required Forms

  • An application and meeting with one of our field representatives is required to begin the new service connection process
  • Contact our New Construction department at (907) 452-1151 x5870 to get started

Plan your power needs using the following items:

Construction Guides


Standard Costs for New Connections and Line Extensions can be obtained by calling (907) 458-5870.